Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Big Brother over...Australian Idol begins!


Big Brother…it is an interesting phenomenon. Each year I promise myself that I will not watch it or become hooked, yet every year without fail it sucks me in! This year was no exception. Thank goodness the Logan’s won, I couldn’t stand Tim. He was so condescending and superior…and can we say stalker!!!

Anyway with BB gone for another year it is time to focus on Australian Idol! I already have my favourites and would like it on the record that I believe that Chris and Millie will make the grand final. Should be an interesting one. Group 2 in all were pretty woeful, will be interesting to see what group 3 are like.

Speaking of Idol’s, the word on the street is that Shannon Noll’s new album will be out by Christmas. I can’t wait. There are rumours that Bryan Adams has been working closely with Shannon on the project and there may ever be a duet. Fingers crossed…does it get any better than that!?!

Albums that I am loving at the moment include:
KisschaseyUntitled Paper People: Go the Aussies!!!
End of FashionEnd of Fashion: Again, go the Aussies! How good are these guys, I can’t get enough of ‘O Yeah’.
Black Eyed PeasMonkey Business: Bring on the tour. Let’s hope it is as impressive as the last one.

Gigs that need to be mentioned:
The Bravery – Prince of Wales: Got to love a band that only has one album, comes and plays a majority of it and are off stage within an hour. There was no crap, just great songs, a couple of awesome covers. They left the crowd wanting more…makes for a nice change from these self indulgent artists that play on for hours!!! Especially on a week night!

Rob Thomas – Mercury Lounge: Yes, it was a while ago now…but needs an honourable mention. I was a little unsure about his solo album until I heard the tracks live; now I get it! He can do no wrong.

Peace out!

Pop Princess xo

No comments: