Friday, March 31, 2006

You are not alone child

I finally got my hands on a copy of Live ‘Songs From Black Mountain’, and I must say that after my first few listens I am quite impressed. It has been quite awhile since we’ve had any new material from Live, and after reading all the quotes from Ed about how the album is based on the thoughts of females as muses, I was a little concerned. I should have had more faith, Live are yet to let their fans down.

Stand out tracks are ‘The River’, ‘Mystery’ and ‘Wings’ for me. There are moments that it does sound a little bit preachy, but hey, they make no secret of the fact tat they are a Christian band, and this has always been reflected in their music, so this comes as no great surprise. It is quite funny in ‘You Are Not Alone’ when Ed declares ‘You are not alone child’, he sounds like a priest! Perhaps that was the intention…

The word is that they will be here to tour this album in December. I have seen Live play about half a dozen times, and will continue to see them as many times as they come back. They always put on a fantastic show, and it will be great to hear some of the songs from ‘Songs From Black Mountain’ played live. This is classic Live; but when you have a winning formula why would you mess with it?

Whilst we are talking about Live, Adam Kowalczky (Ed’s cousin) also has a band, Adam and the Weight, check out their website: http://www.adamandtheweight.com/ and thank me later…

Also landing on my door step this week was Pink’s ‘I’m Not Dead’. Wow, this sees a new direction for Pink. The single ‘Stupid Girls’ does not really reflect the album. This is a very mature album containing many styles of music, from the poppy beats of ‘Stupid Girls’ (though I stand by my comments that this track’s film clip is a little hypocritical – see rant in earlier post), to the heart wrenching ‘Dear Mr. President’ and the soulful of ‘Nobody Knows’ and rocking ‘U + Ur Hand’, this album has something for everybody. This girl can certainly sing and this album should be a lot stronger than its under-performing predecessor 2003’s, ‘Try This’. I also noticed she has produced this album herself…good decision after hearing it!

Now if Christina and Justin would hurry up with their new albums!

I am off to see Aussie band Faker tonight and I am pretty damn excited about it! Will let you know how it goes….

Luv Pop Princess xo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://jjnjwmeq.com/ienx/akhx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fxbxxysx.com/vnai/nxos.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://jjnjwmeq.com/ienx/akhx.html | http://zfnncrmj.com/fluy/kicc.html