Friday, September 08, 2006

RIP Steve Irwin

It has been a really sad week in Australia. First, the loss of the amazingly Australian and inspirational Steve Irwin; then today’s shock death of racing champion Peter Brock. Both deaths will be felt immensely, both in Australia, and around the world. Both of these men were an inspiration to millions.

People are only just coming to terms with the loss of Steve Irwin. The Peter Brock news is so new that people are still in shock...I know nothing about motorsports, but everyone (even those of us who HATE the sport) knows who Peter Brock is, and what he has meant to the sport. Much love to their families.

On to happier things. Can I just say that Christina’s ‘Back to Basics’ is easily the best album I have heard this year? I love it. “Understand” is my fave. You go girl! Can’t wait to read reviews about the new tour…and perhaps get to witness it for myself if she return to our shores.

So, I got Outkast’s ‘Idlewild’, and am a little unsure about it (however,I wasunsure about Justin’s ‘Sexy Back’ when I first heard it too. Now I have lived with it for awhile I think it is killer). I am thinking that maybe you might need to see the film to appreciate the songs??? No idea when (or if) it is being released in Australia. Would love to see the film though…their clips are always sensational, so I doubt the movie would be anything but. Plus, I can think of worse things to look at for two hours than Andre 3000 :o)

New releases I am yet to hear…but am excited about hearing are: Beyonce, Audioslave, Jet, Little Birdy, Scissor Sisters, The Killers. Oh…and of course Mr. Robbie Williams! We are in for a very musical Christmas!

My recommendation for this month is to listen to La Rocca’s ‘The Truth’ album. “Sketches of a Twenty-something life” is reason enough to buy it! It is not surprising they got to tour with the likes of Jet, The Vines & Death In Vegas overseas. Bring them here for Big Day Out someone!!!!

Bad news, the PCD’s are looking for a new member…which means there will be another album. Which, in turn, means another catchy song that I can’t get out of my head, that at first I love, but after a few weeks despise, because I can’t go 2 seconds without hearing it. Good news? They are going to have a TV show to find’s replacement. Should make for some good reality TV viewing…

How good is the Ok Go ‘Here it Goes Again’ clip?!? Check it out here….

http://www.musichead.com.au/site/artist.asp?actID=134288

Does anyone else HATE Fergie’s ‘London Bridge’?

Pop Princess xo

No comments: