Saturday, October 14, 2006

I don't feel like dancin'

The new Take That single is on the Pop justice website! Go and have a listen…

www.popjustice.com

Whoo Hoo!!! Can’t wait to hear the whole album, apparently ‘Beautiful World’ will be released in November…just in time for Christmas (mum, are you reading this? Yes please). It can’t be Gary Barlow doing the lead vocals, it's Howard isn’t it? If it is Gaz, his voice has changed heaps…if anyone knows where I can watch the clip PLEASE let me know!

So, Scissor Sisters ‘Ta-Dah’. Ta-Dah indeed! I am so impressed, I am going to say something controversial…I like this album better than their first. I also think that ‘Don’t Feel Like Dancing’ is their best single to date. I hope ‘She’s My Man’ is the next single. Whilst I loved ‘Scissor Sisters’ there where tracks I would skip, or I would listen to half the album, get over it and then go back and listen to the other half later…not the case this time around. I will be honest, I was a little bemused after my first listen, and it took me probably three before I was able to decide definitively that I loved it!

Same goes with The Killers ‘Sam’s Town’. I think I was expecting ‘Hot Fuss’ all over again, and that is not what this album is. The more I listen to this album, the fonder I become. ‘When You Where Young’ is killer, and it will go off when they are here for the Big Day Out! There is nothing that can match the magic of ‘Mr. Brightside’ on this album…yet. But, as I said, I am discovering something new from this album with each listen, and I am thoroughly enjoying doing so. I think ‘Uncle Johnny’ has the potential to be phenomenal live too. No wonder Brandon Flowers is so cocky…I would be too if I was that good.

I will never understand why some people choose to listen to the likes of James Blunt when they could be listening to James Morrison. ‘You Give Me Something’ led me to ‘Undiscovered’…and I am so glad it did. This guy has a beautiful voice that I can’t really describe, but it is sort of “creamy” for want of a more articulate way of explaining it…but not in a lame John Mayer sort of way…Hmmm not explaining it very well at all. Just go and get it, thank me later…The boys got soul.

Did you take my advice and show your love for the locals and pick up a copy of Jet’s ‘Shine On’??? If not, why? Are you crazy?!? You clearly have not heard ‘Shine On’, ‘Rip It Up’ or ‘Stand Up’ yet, or you would have bought 10 copies. Jet puts their own spin on riffs and vocals influenced one can only assume by The Beatles and/or Oasis…and damn it has worked a treat. The album shows versatility the band had not yet communicated on ‘Get Born’. It is different, but superbly and undeniably Jet. Don’t think that if ‘Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is’ is not your thing that you wont still adore the album…in my opinion that was a poor choice of first single. I am proud that Jet are Aussies, I am proud they are Victorian, and I am proud that they can produce this quality of music following the pressure they must have faced after the success of ‘Get Born’. They set their standards sky high…and they have delivered, and then some. Get it.

Must run…going to see Live with Shannon Noll as their support this weekend, and to say that I am excited is a major understatement!

Luv Pop Princess xoxox

No comments: