Friday, January 26, 2007

The Hottest 100 - Hot Australia Day tips!

OK, so I am preparing myself for the traditional Aussie Day BBQ, complete with ice cold beers, plenty of sausages...and of course - JJJ's Hottest 100 countdown.

Have to post my tips now, before it starts! So, the below are my expert opinion on who will rate well. I will post the actual 100 later and see how wrong I got it! :o)

Top 10 Tips:
Lily Allen - 'Smile' and/or 'LDN'
Gnarls Barkley - 'Crazy'
Eskimo Joe - 'Black Fingernails, Red Wine' - if it doesn't win (because Aussie's usually do), it is a Top 3 certainty. 'Sarah' will get a look
Camille - Can't pronounce or spell the names of any of her songs! But think she will feature more than once in the 100
Snow Patrol - 'Chasing Cars' will go Top 5, they will have at least one or two other tracks in the count down. (I would like to take this opportunity to thank all Grey's Anatomy fans for ruining what was a magnificent song - by associating it directly with a lame TV show, inciting ludicrous air play from the major radio stations. I urge all of you guilty of this to listen to this album in its entirety, then go and buy 'Final Straw' and try to understand the success this band deserves for their genius - totally SEPARATE for Grey's bloody Anatomy!!!)
The Killers - 'When You Were Young' - hope that 'Uncle Johnny' and 'Bones' also rate.
Scissor Sisters - 'I Don't Feel Like Dancin' - best song they have done yet!!!

RHCP - 'Dani California'!
Arctic Monkeys - Should give the Top 5 a nudge, and will have multiple entries.
Augie March - 'One Crowded Hour', should do well today in general.
Youth Group - 'Forever Young' - If it is still eligible this year...

Top 20 Tips:
Bob Evans - 'Don't You Think it's Time'; another artist who is likely to have multiple appearances today.
Little Birdy - 'Come On, Come On' - Will feature more than once also.
The Sleepy Jackson - 'God Lead Your Soul' - 'Devil Was In My Yard' and 'I Understand What You Want (But I Just Don't Agree)' should also get a look in.
Angus & Julia Stone - Deserve to feature.

Beyond the Top 20:
Something with Numbers; Sarah Blasko; Kate Miller-Heidke; Ben Harper, Jet; Hot Chip; OK Go; My Chemical Romance.

Happy Australia Day!!!

Pop Princess xo

No comments: