Monday, January 30, 2006

Gotta love a yellow t-shirt!

A short one from me today…I am busy preparing myself for the Backstreet Boys concert this Thursday. I've been waiting years for this...literally!

It was a hot one at this year’s Big Day Out. Not a peep out of that supposed looming cool change until long after I was tucked into bed at home!

The new venue for Melbourne seemed to work quite well (despite reports to the contrary in the paper). There were a few blending sound issues, but that was standard even at the show grounds. I wouldn’t be devastated if they were to hold it there again.

Festival highlights:- Wolfmother; End of Fashion; The Living End and my bright yellow Arctic Monkeys t-shirt!!!

Speaking of the Monkeys, I’m sure you all already know that the amazing ‘Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I Am Not’ is now officially the UK’s highest selling album first week of release. Can’t wait to see Australia’s reaction to this phenomenal band…please let it be good so they have an excuse to come here!!!

Upcoming releases that are damn exciting: Train ‘For Me, It’s You’; Pink ‘I’m Not Dead’; Red Hot Chili peppers ‘Stadium Arcadium’ (2CD); Prince ‘3121’; Richard Ashcroft ‘Keys to the World’; Placebo ‘Meds’; Live ‘Black Mountain’…yep 2006 is set to be big year for music.

Bring it on!

Pop Princess xo

No comments: