Friday, February 24, 2006

This is doing my head in!



The above is what has been taking up all of my time...preventing me from blogging. In fact preventing me from eating, sleeping and working (slight exageration, but I am building the tension here, work with me). This image is basically doing my head in. Allow me to explain. I received this via an email from a friend with a note saying there are 72 band names (no Aussie bands...boo) hidden in it. E.G. In the top left hand corner is a 'Led Zeplin'. I have sucked my finace in as well and the most we have been able to come up with is 57. A friend of mine says he has 62 of them. It is drivinjg me insane. Anyone want to play and post some answers in the comments??? I'll start it off. Come on, get involved, it's fun!

Ok, so on to other things...So, what to make of Pink’s ‘Stupid Girl’ clip? It is highly amusing. Some may say it passes on a strong message to young girls. They may say that it calls for false icons to be rejected and girls to embrace their brains rather than their looks. It bags the likes of Jessica Simpson, the Olsen twins, Paris Hilton etc. All positive things, are they not?

I, for one, am a little torn on the subject. The message is a good one (although VERY Kelly Osborne, don’t you think?) I would like to pose the age old theory to Pink that those in glass houses should perhaps not throw stones.

Pink seems to have some form of amnesia. It would seem she has forgotten the costume she wore for the ‘Lady Marmalade’ clip in 2003. Remember the one? It also featured Christina Aguilera, the one Pink verbally bashed during her show on the ‘Try This’ tour. Her outfit consisted of an oh so classy diamond encrusted top hat, diamond encrusted bra, black knickers, suspenders and stockings, stocking gloves and not a lot else. She is constantly seen in skimpy clothing and her bare mid-drift is one of her trade marks.

Speaking of good role models, what about the cover art for her single ‘Trouble’. It features her smoking a cigarette! Not a fantastic influence for young impressionable teens. And I’m sure Mothers all over the world are thrilled with her multiple tattoos.

Don’t mistake this article and think I do not like Pink. I own all her CD’s and am hanging out for her new one ‘I’m Not Dead’. I also found the ‘Try This’ tour inspirational (and for the record she made Christina’s show look like the amateur hour). But liking her and her music does not mean that I have to agree with her views. I think she fed herself to the sharks by making a clip like this. She has opened herself up to criticism.

The thing that seems to be lost on Pink is that it is not like the Olsens, Jessica Simpson or Paris Hilton are exactly out there to be role models (that would like too much hard work). Pink has now inadvertantly put herself out there as one, and perhaps that was not wise.

What do you all think??? Check it out http://www.video-c.co.uk/toptenwatch.asp?vidref=pink010

Pop Princess xo

P.S. Check out his article from last years Age, fantastic!

www.theage.com.au/articles/2005/11/17/1132016894409.html

1 comment:

Pop Princess said...

Told you I would start!!!

1. Led Zepplin
2. Scissor Sisters
3. Matchbox 20
4. Rolling Stones
5. Guns N Roses