Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Chili's makin' me smile!

The Living End would have to be one of THE most under-rated bands of all time! I had the pleasure of seeing this tight outfit the other week, (I believe it was around the twelfth time I have seen them) and as always they were energetic and impressive!!! The tracks from ‘State of Emergency’ went down a treat live. I can't pick a highlight, the whole damn thing was great!There has been lots of talk that this album marks the bands second coming, my question is where did they go and when??? It is not a second coming, just the band reaching another level in their career, a level they should have reached with every album. They are living legends and should have more kudos from the media and the public.

On another note, I adore the new RHCP’s album, disk one is the stand out for me! Fav tracks are ‘Charlie’, ‘Especially in Michigan’ and ‘Dani California’. I have heard whispers that they may return to Oz to headline next years BDO…that would be AWESOME news if it happens. It has to be noted that Anthony Kedis is back to his hottest as well…loving the hair ;o)

Went to see Ben Harper a few weeks back now and was very impressed. You have to admire anyone that can make you feel like you are the only person in Rod Laver Arena. His voice is hypnotising, and his band are amazing. I much preferred his tracks live than on CD…got a lot more out of them live. I guess that is the way songs are meant to be.

Hanging to hear the new Keane, Snow Patrol and Donovan Frankenreiter albums...havn't had a chance as yet. Will let you know my thoughts next time...lets hope they are all even half the quality of their most recent releases!!!

I have decided if things don't work out with my fiance or Robbie Williams I may be forced to marry Luke Steele from The Sleepy Jackson. How good is 'God Lead Your Soul'??? The album is a killer. Let's hope they get the chart debut that they deserve...

I am trying to figure out how to use my new ipod and set up a My Space page...I am so not down with all this technology, and I am at the age that I should be! Where do people learn how to do all this stuff??? For example, how the hell do you get music to play on your My Space page??? This has been keeping me from many important tasks...

Short one again, as I am in the middle of exams (and obsessed with Big Brother and don’t want to miss anything important, oh and the My Space thing....and the new ipod)!

Luv Pop Princess xoxo

No comments: