Thursday, July 27, 2006

Shakin' the Rudebox!

I love Snow Patrol, but I especially love them live. I swear since seeing them in 2004, my expectations for live music performances has risen. They were sensational at The Metro on Tuesday night. Their music has such power and depth, it is amazing. It is just a shame I couldn’t understand a bloody thing they were saying in between songs…I think I caught something about wanting people to “Take their clothes off” and a bit of a rant about how they have heard it is so warm here, but every time they come it is freezing. Just a wild guess, but they may be because they tend to come in the depths of our Winter!

My preyers were answered and they played the sublime “Chasing Cars” (which is tipped to be the next single). As expected, “Run” was another highlight, with the whole venue singing along to this under-rated anthem. “All That I Have” rocked, and showed another, poppier, light hearted side to this band. I can’t fault the gig. I loved every second of it.

To further improve my mood this week would be tough, as “Rudebox” also went to radio this week. How infectious is it! I must admit, I was a little surprised when I heard Robbie was going to do a dance album, surprised and just a tad nervous. I guess I expected if he was going to shift in styles, it may have been more towards the rock side of things. But, never the less, “Rudebox” is in a league of its own, I can honestly say it is quite unlike anything I have heard before. What do you liken or compare it to? I know I am extremely biased where Robbie is concerned, but I think it is a smash! It is also a fantastic contrast to his work on “Intensive Care” and proves that he is far more than a one trick Pop pony. Respect!

Oh, and just a side point. Does anyone else melt just a little when he says “Are we going to have sex?” I know he is not asking me directly…but it does something to me! Whoa!

Pop Justice (popjustice.com) has a 30 second teaser of the new Scissor Sisters single “I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’,” more of the good stuff. It’s a shame Melbourne didn’t gig this week whilst they were in the country for Splendour, but rumour has it the band will tour here before Christmas…and if not are looking at the Big Day Out. Bring on the new album “Tah-Dah"! Jake and Ana's interview on Rove was one of the better ones I have seen on the show.

Pop Justice also has Justin’s “Sexy Back” clip, and that crap song of Fergie’s clip too. Great website!

Til next we meet….

Pop Princess xo


P.S. Camilla to win BB'06!

P.P.S Am I the only person in the world that thought that Marissa’s death on The OC was lame and a total let down?


P.P.P.S Check out Lily Allen! More info to follow...

No comments: