Friday, August 11, 2006

It's all about the music!

So much good stuff going on at the moment I haven’t had time to blog! I have a pretty good excuse, I’ve been to see the Arctic Monkey’s, Bob Evans and Lily Allen in the space of a week or so. Each of them was amazing, but in very different ways...

I was impressed by the Arctic Monkey’s and their “no frills” approach. They came out, played the tracks, and left. No encore, very little small talk, no fancy props or tricky lighting, just the band and their songs. The crowd also seemed pleased with this approach, it is fair to say the boys would be welcomed back with open arms, should they wish to return in the near future.

Bob Evans, at the Spanish Club was lovely. As a former Jebediah fan (back in the day), it is nice to see Mr. Mitchell taking a more mature, and for want of a better word…musical, approach to his music. The songs are just beautiful. I love ‘Surburban Song Book’ and you should all go out and buy it!

Lily Allen…what can I say accept, debut - #7 on the ARIA chart, played to 200 excited fans, whilst another 1,000-odd waited in the freezing cold on the off chance that they may be able to sneak in to catch a glimpse of the UK’s latest pop sensation during her show case in Melbourne. She rocks! She also has collaborated with a legend recently…watch this space for news…

I’ve been listening to the new Robbie Williams album, over and over again trying to figure out which are my favourite tracks (at the moment I’m probably going to have to say “She’s Madonna”, “Viva Life on Mars” & “Kiss Me", but I change my mind with each listen). The album is now likely to be released in October, which is really now that far away now!

I’ve been adoring the new Jet single, which you have no doubt heard by now. The boys are back, better than ever? Will let you know after I hear some of the new stuff live on Tuesday night…

Gotta run,

Luv Pop Princess xoxox

No comments: