Friday, November 24, 2006

Why am I here???

What is worse than listening to Gwen Stefani’s horrible new song 'Wind Up'??? Watching the clip…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga7hU-3-PbQ
Hate the song, hate the new look…so it is fair to say that I am not overly enthusiastic about the forthcoming album ‘Sweet Escape’. I really hope she proves he wrong and this whole ‘Wind Up’ this was just a case of shocking judgment.

To say that Miss Lily Allen is unhappy with NME’s decision to put Muse on the cover, rather than herself, would be a slight understatement. Read what she calls her “rant” on her blog here:- http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=36707169&blogID=196786235&MyToken=82487ef5-bbca-4852-94aa-6faba55ab87c

You go girl!!!!

OMG! The Scissor Sisters will be back here in February to tour. OK, so now we have Billy Joel, U2, Elton John Robbie, Kylie, The Killers, Lily Allen, Snow Patrol, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink AND The Scissor Sisters in the space of 6 months!!! How good is that?!? Now we just need Keane, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera and Keith Urban and I will be the happiest girl on earth!

My tips for the Christmas ARIA Top 20:-

1. Robbie Williams - Rudebox
2. The 12th Man - Boned
3. U2 – 18 Singles
4. Human Nature – Dancing In the Street: The Songs of Mowtown II
5. The Beatles – Love Album
6. Kylie – Ultimate Kylie
7. Gwen Stefani – Sweet Escape
8. Pink – I’m Not Dead
9. Snow Patrol – Eyes Open
10. Keith Urban – Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Thing.
11. Jet – Shine On
12. The Killers – Sam’s Town
13. The Scissor Sisters – Ta Dah!
14. Justin Timberlake – Future Sex/Love Sounds
15. My Chemical Romance – The Black Parade
16. David Campbell – The Swing Sessions
17. Evanescence – Open the Door
18. Eskimo Joe – Black Fingernails, Red Wine
19. The Pussycat Dolls - PCD
20. Guy Sebastian – Closer to the Sun

Others that may make it – but I couldn’t fit them in:

Wolfmother – Wolfmother
Chris Isaak – Best Of
Jamiroquai – High Times: The Singles 1992-2006
Billy Joel – The Piano Man, The Best of Billy Joel
Oasis – Stop the Clocks (Best Of)
Bernard Fanning – Tea and Sympathy

What I am questioning this week:-

Why are the public not getting behind Jet’s ‘Shine On’ yet?!? It sh*ts all over ‘Get Born’…Maybe second single ‘Rip it Up’ and their visit this week will remind people how amazing this band it…the album would make a great Christmas present :o)

What is with Kramer and his racist comments? Quite bizarre behavior.

Why did Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaite cover ‘Don’t Give Up’? It is wrong on so many different levels. I always try to stick up for Shannon, and I do not hide the fact that I am a big fan. The fact that this is a charity single for a great cause (Beyond Blue), does not excuse it. Terrible.

Why is Bob Evan’s ‘Suburban Songbook’ not about 50 times Platinum? This is a beautiful, magical album…by an Aussie! Buy it!!!

Why am I blogging right now? I am getting married tomorrow! You won’t hear from me for a couple of weeks…but don’t worry – I’ll be back!

Love Pop Princess xoxoxox

No comments: