Thursday, December 28, 2006

A very musical Christmas!

Sooo, the final ARIA Chart of the year. How crap am I with my predictions!!!

1. Damien Leith – 'The Winners Journey'
I am ashamed that I did not see this coming. When I heard they were holding off and letting the Idol winner take their time and write some of their own material to record, I should have realised that they would have something up their sleeve for Christmas!

2. 12th Man – 'Boned'
I was spot on here! Personally, I don't find it funny. But then, I don't like cricket either...

3. U2 – '18 Singles'
I got this too.

4. Human Nature – 'Dancin’ In the Street: The Songs of Motown 2'
Wow, got this one too! 3 out of 20…not bad! People better stop buying this soon, or we will be inflicted with a 'Songs of Motown 3' next Christmas!

5. Pink – 'I’m Not Dead'
I underestimated Pink at #8…good on her! 4 Melbourne shows for her tour…again, good on her. No international acts bother to do that many shows here anymore.

6. Snow Patrol – 'Eyes Open'
Thought this would be #9…underestimated the band…or Grey’s Anatomy? Snow Patrol are touring here again in early 2007, on the back of the renewed album success.

7. Il Divo – 'Siempri'
Hmmmm – again, should have seen this coming…cereal Christmas release!

8. The Beatles – 'Love'
Not #5, but still, not a bad effort for an album that Noel Gallagher finds revolting!

9. Robbie Williams – 'Rudebox'
OK, I may have got a little excited with my #1 prediction – mind you, if the ‘And Through it All’ DVD sales were added to the ‘Rudebox’ sales - he would have gone close!

10. Young Divas – 'Young Divas'
OK – I didn’t think the public was this lame. I was wrong.

11. Eskimo Joe – 'Black Fingernails, Red Wine'
This is much better than my anticipated #18. A fantastic effort for the Aussies this Christmas chart!

12. Wolfmother – 'Wolfmother'
This was in my “may make it, but can’t fit it in” list…HUGE considering the album has been in the charts for 60 weeks!

13. Kylie – 'Ultimate Kylie'
#6 was my expectation, but I suppose, how many previous Greatest Hits has she had?

14. David Campbell – 'The Swing Sessions'
Picked it for #16, that’s only 2 spots off. Again,pleasestop buying this -there is no need for a 'Swing Sessions Part 2'!

15. Chris Isaak – 'The Best Of'
This was in my “may make it, but can’t fit it in” list...Am I the only one who fins his music severely depressing???

16. Gwen Stefani – 'The Sweet Escape'
My #7 prediction was before hearing the album. Having heard it, the #16 spot is a gift – it doesn’t deserve to be in the Top 40.

17. Il Divo – 'The Christmas Collection'
Please see above “Divo” comments….

18. The Killers – 'Sam’s Town'
#12 was ambitious – but watch it fly back into the Top 10 when they get here for the BDO. I have to say that I am loving the new single 'Bones'.

19. Justin Timberlake – 'Future Sex/Love Sounds'
Overestimated Justin (#14), but ‘My Love’ is getting plenty of air play and clip play!

20. Pussycat Dolls - 'PCD'
Had the chicks at number 19…just one off!

Albums I thought would make it – but didn’t!

10. Keith Urban – 'Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Thing'
Came in at #36. Not too bad for an album with no Promo and the artist in rehab. I thought that Keith-y may come and meet Nic here for Christmas…thus pushing it up the charts. That was not to be. But keep an eye on this album, with a new single, him out of rehab, not to mention in the country.

11. Jet – 'Shine On'
I cannot understand how this came in at # 41. If anyone can tell me why this amazing Australian album is not selling can you let me know please??? Are people just over it, and on to Wolfmother or what?

15. My Chemical Romance – 'The Black Parade'
This came in at # 28. After a strong couple of weeks, they are probably happy with holding Top 30 in a difficult Christmas chart.

17. Evanescence – 'Open the Door'
Evanescence grabbed the #23 spot, again, not bad at this time of year.

20. Guy Sebastian – 'Closer to the Sun'
I wonder how Guy feels, sitting at #29, with Damien sitting pretty at #1???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iam sure Guys very happy, Closer to the sun is his 3rd Platinum selling album .

Pop Princess said...

Hmmm, yes that is true. But it must be hard being the original and having hte likes of Damien and the Young Divas sitting above you on the charts...I'm not bagging Guy - I quite like him. I just wonder if he gets frustrated sometimes thats all.