Thursday, December 14, 2006

The year that was...2006!

So, it is that time of year again when all the newspapers and music publications do their 'Best of the Year' lists...so I thoughtI should get mine in too...

For any that Robbie is the answer, I will give another answer too...or it will just be boring for you to read...

BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR:
Robbie Williams
- 'Rudebox' / The Killers - 'Sam's Town'

MOST DISAPPOINTING ALBUM OF THE YEAR:
Can't limit it to one, I was disappointed by quite a few this year...

Fergie from BEP's (don't even know what it is called) - the 1st single washorrible- and fromt here it gets worse.

Keane - 'Under the Sea' - So disappointing after such a promising debut. It is just Blah! I was so disappointed with this album, that after the first listen I think I have only listened to it 3 or 4 times. The first album, 'Hopes & Fears', I listened to 3 or 4 times in the fist day!

Beyonce - 'B Day' - Other than the hits we've already had ('Check Up On It', 'Deja Vu' and 'Irreplaceable') it is - in a word - boring! zzzzzz

Live - 'Songs from Black Mountain' - This album is like a crappier versions of their worst/filler songs from previous albums. Mind you, on an earlier blogI said this wasbetter than what I thought it would be. Basically it would be a good, or even great, album from any other band, butI have come to expect a lot from these guys after all this time. Perhaps their last tour also jaded my views. I fear the magic may be gone.

Justin Timberlake- 'Love Future/Sex Sounds' - Controversial I know...I actually find the album quite boring. It is a very monotone. On first listen it is like one continuous, never ending track!

SONG OF THE YEAR:
Robbie Williams - 'Lovelight' - Yes, he is amazing. This song is killer, one of the best he has done in years.
Richard Ashcroft - 'Break the Night with Colour' - It is criminal this wasn't a hit here. I don't get it. There is nothing NOT to love about this magnificent song.
Scissor Sisters - 'I Don't Feel Like Dancin'- Their best song yet. See, Keane?....this is how a second album is done!
The Killers- 'When You Were Young' - Addictive. Please see above reference to Keane...
Santana/Steve Tyler - 'Just Feel Better'- Great song! The oldies have still got it (at times).
Beyonce - 'Check Up On It' - Try sitting still to this song...so catchy! Shame about the rest of the album.
Justin Timberlake - 'Sexy Back' - Yeah! Took a long time to grow on me, now I LOVE it. Again, shame about the rest of the album...
Christina Aguilera - 'Ain't No Other Man' - You go girl! :o) She kills it in this song. Amazing!
Gnarls Barkley - 'Crazy' - Over played...but fantastic...my tip for
Triple J's Hottest 100 # 1 spot.
Bob Sinclar- 'Love Generation'
- How happy is it?!? Gotta love ahappy, uplifting track like this.
Nelly Furtado - 'Promiscuous Boy' - Again, I can't sit still when this comes on....after the shock of her image/musical direction change this song really won me over.
Eskimo Joe- 'Black Fingernails,Red Wine' - Proud to be Aussie :o) Well deserved ARIA!

ARTIST OF THE YEAR:
Robbie Williams...hands down - check the Guinness book of records under concert ticket sales....(suffer to the Gallaghers...wankers!)

TOUR OF THE YEAR:
Calling it early...as it is not until Sunday & Monday...I know Robbie will be it :o)
Runners Up:-
Jet @ The Chapel
Bob Evans @ The Chapel
Sleepy Jackson @ Ormond Hall
Arctic Monkeys @The Palace
The Living End @ Festival Hall
Snow Patrol @ The Metro
Backstreet Boys @ Rod Laver...shut up - you don't know how long I had waited! :o)
Lily Allen @ St Jeromes- Despite the fact that I couldn't see!
The Vines @ The Corner

VIDEO OF THE YEAR:
Robbie Williams - 'Lovelight' - He looks so hot in this clip that it is wrong!
Sleepy Jackson - 'God Lead Your Soul'
RHCP - 'Dani California'
The Killers -
'Bones'

STORY OF THE YEAR:
Take That
re-forming....so happy! I would never had dared to dream that this was possible!
Oh - and watching the saga that is Britney Spears life continue...2007 will be an interesting year for her. Please don't let her be the next Michael Jackson...

WHO SHOULD HAVE 'MADE IT,' BUT DIDN'T:
La Rocca
Faker
End of Fashion
The Kooks


MOST ANTICIPATED FOR 2007:
Angus & Julia Stone
Airbourne

New albums from Silverchair & Missy Higgins...bring it on!

FAVOURITE ALBUMS FOR THE YEAR:
Lily Allen - 'Alright Still'
Richard Ashcroft - 'Keys To The World'
Snow Patrol -
'Eyes Open'
Sleepy Jackson - 'Personality: One was a Spider, One was a Bird'
Jet- 'Shine On'
Bob Evans - 'Suburban Songbook'
Christina Aguilera -
'Back to Basics'
La Rocca- 'The Truth'
Pink - 'I'm Not Dead'
Scissor Sisters - 'Ta-Dah'

No comments: